We love a good sales promotion and when you can find those that offer free gift cards, they are not to be passed up. What makes Target gift cards even better than coupons is that they can be used for anything at Target and they never expire. Can you remember a time when you didn’t need something from Target?
With Target’s convenient same day grocery delivery and time saving services like curbside pickup, there are plenty of ways to utilize a gift card at Target. Even Target’s low prices aren’t immune to inflation, so scoring free Target gift cards is even more helpful in helping to stretch your budget.
We’ve gathered up a list of ways you can score a Target gift card. Check out our tips and tricks and take advantage of this great promotion whenever you can. You can even save up your free gift cards and stack them; online you can use up to 10 Target gift cards.
1. Check Out Target’s Weekly Circular
Promotions change regularly in Target’s weekly circular, so whether you get the Target Circular in your mail the old fashioned way, or whether you browse it online, you’ll find the latest Target Gift Card promotions clearly spelled out here.
Target Circular weekly ads coordinate with timely events. The circular ad at time of writing was filled with great sales and deals for back to school and college dorm shopping. There were multiple free Target Gift Card promotions when we checked. Some things to keep in mind when hunting for these offers.
- They might be very specific: One free $15 promotion was geared to customers looking to buy the new Madden 23 video game and Doritos. When the promotion matches what you want to buy, then grab it! We spotted this one in August.
- They’re often geared at stocking up: Often Target free gift cards are offered to help encourage you to stock up and buy multiple items in one category. For example, at time of writing if you spent $50 on household essentials in store, you could get a $15 Target gift card. (Not hard to meet that threshold when it includes items like paper towels, garbage bags, dishwashing and laundry detergents.) Similarly, new parents can earn a $15 Target gift card for spending $75 or more on diapers and wipes, and you’ll score a $5 gift card for spending $20 on select beauty and personal care. Target will pay you to stock up. These offers were specific to the time we found them and WILL change, but we spot similar offers practically every week.
2. Join Target Circle and Look for Free Target Gift Card Offers
If you haven’t already joined Target’s free loyalty program, Target Circle, you can join to receive exclusive member only sales and promotions, earn cash back (1% for Circle members, 5% for RedCard holders) as well as an emailed birthday gift coupon. At time of writing, my Target gift card offers weren’t exclusive for members only, but they did filter suggestions of offers that were the most relevant to my shopping history. This included two of the current free Target gift card promotions: $15 free gift card for spending $50 on household essentials and $5 free gift card for $20 beauty purchase.
3. Shop Target Seasonal Sales for Free Target Gift Card Promotions
On top of Target’s weekly promotions you can expect some great offers, including free Target gift cards during Target’s seasonal sales events.
- Target Deal Days pop up twice a year and this year’s summer sales event included a $10 Target gift card for spending $50 on food and beverages with same-day services.
- Seasonal sales: Back-to-school sales, end-of-season sales, after-holiday clearance sales, Presidents Day, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Cyber Monday and Black Friday are all times when you can find extra promotions.
4. Shop Target Black Friday Sale for Free Target Gift Cards
Last year’s Black Friday sale included a $50 Target gift card for buying any Oculus Quest VR headset, a $30 Target gift card for buying a Vizio Smart TV under 58 inches, multiple free gift card offers when buying Apple products, $300 Target gift card for buying a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 with in-store activation and more!
5. Install the Shopkick App to Earn Free Target Gift Cards
Download the Shopkick app from Google Play or Apple App Store. When you set up your account, you will be able to choose your preferred gift card (Target is an option) and then you will earn kicks that add up to free gift cards just by shopping at many of your favorite local shops. Some retailers will offer free kicks just for walking in the door of their store, others require you to scan a barcode or scan your receipt to show that you bought an item from the store they are promoting. The app will find retailers based on your zip code. In my area of Torrance, CA, I saw kicks available for stores I regularly shop at including Ace Hardware, Ralphs, CVS, PetSmart and Whole Foods. You can even earn kicks from watching short online promotional videos. The app turns shopping into a game where the reward is free gift cards!
6. Take Surveys with Survey Junkie to Earn Free Target Gift Cards.
When you join surveyjunkie.com, you will have the opportunity to take surveys and offer your opinions in exchange for rewards like free Target gift cards. Companies will pay for your perspective as it’s critical to help them develop market research to further their business plans. The website suggests if you do surveys daily you could potentially earn $40 a month. Your identity will be verified before you can join and use this program.