Sending fresh flowers is a tried-and-true way to show your love on Valentine’s Day. The best flower delivery services offer a huge variety of flowers from classic, highly-sought-after roses to rose alternatives for Valentine’s Day. Flower delivery is a quick way to elevate a mood, and since flowers are pleasing to so many ages and types of people, they make for an easy gift. The tricky part is that, when you add up the design, delivery and service fees, sending flowers can be pretty pricey – especially at the last minute.
So why not use the app you trust to get groceries delivered quickly and affordably? Instacart has been there for that much-needed cold medicine delivery and pantry stock-ups. Why not flowers, too?
Can You Use Instacart to Deliver Flowers?
Yes. In fact, it’s a smart way to send flowers for any occasion. Despite Instacart fees, using Instacart to deliver flowers is likely going to save you money compared to traditional floral delivery services.
And it’s fast, too. So if you still haven’t ordered flowers for Valentine’s Day at the last minute, you may want to check out your options on Instacart. Or, consider using Instacart to send flowers to celebrate a birthday, send a congratulations or brighten up the day of someone’s who’s sick – flowers are a beautiful way of letting someone know you are thinking about them. Our guide will teach you everything you need to know to use Instacart to deliver flowers.
What is Instacart?
Instacart is a delivery service that’s available in over 5,500 cities across the United States and Canada. Marketed as the world’s largest online grocery delivery service, Instacart lets you order millions of products from local grocers or chain stores. You can schedule delivery for the same day or later in the week.
How Does Instacart Flower Delivery Work?
Ordering flowers with Instacart works much the same way as ordering other fresh groceries. Instacart is fast and simple to use. Shop online at Instacart.com or with the Instacart app to get a list of local grocery stores, or if you prefer, shop by item type. Instacart will then connect you with a personal shopper in your area who will shop and deliver your order, all orders must be at least $10 to be eligible for delivery (add some chocolates if the bouquet you order is under that amount). You can meet your shopper at your door or set up a contactless delivery with the “Leave at my door” option. If you prefer, you can also shop with Instacart and schedule to pick up your items from the store directly.
Can I Send Instacart Flowers to Someone Else?
Yes. In fact, if you’re gifting someone flowers, that’s probably what you’d like to do. You’ll simply need to make sure you’ve entered your recipient’s address so that you can order from a store near them. Then, at checkout, select “Send as gift.” See full instructions here.
What are Instacart’s Fees?
You’ll end up paying more for flowers on Instacart than you would if you simply went to the store and picked up the flowers yourself. You are paying for convenience, after all. Instacart fees are collected in a few ways.
- Prices. Some retailers set prices for items on Instacart that are different from the in-store price. Other retailers don’t raise their prices on Instacart. When shopping, you will see a pricing policy indicated, or you can view each retailer’s pricing policy under the retailer’s logo.
- Delivery fee. Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries and deliveries under $35. You will see the delivery fee when you choose your delivery at checkout.
- Heavy fee. If your estimated weight is over 50 pounds, you will be charged a separate heavy fee. You will see this fee in the subtotal, so you can adjust the order to avoid the fee. Probably not an issue with flowers.
- Service fee. Service fees vary by location and types of items in your cart. These fees cover the Instacart operating costs.
- Tips. Tips are optional, and 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order. The default tip is 5%, with a minimum of $2 suggested per order. Instacart lets you adjust tips after delivery.
To save on Instacart fees, you can join their membership program Instacart+ for a flat annual fee of $99 per year, or $9.99 a month. You will get unlimited free grocery delivery on orders over $35 (per retailer), lower service fees and other exclusive benefits. According to Instacart, using Instacart+ will typically save shoppers $7 per order, so if you use Instacart at least twice a month this is a cost-effective solution.
What Flowers Can I Order With Instacart?
To order flowers on Instacart, they’ll need to be available at a local grocery store or warehouse club that partners with Instacart in your (or your recipient’s) delivery area.
Simply search “flowers” on Instacart to see the options available from multiple stores in your area. With a quick search in my area, I was able to order flowers from my choice of over 20 local retailers including many supermarkets as well as big box-stores like Walmart and Lowe’s. If you want to send flowers to someone in a different part of the country, simply type in their address to see which local stores deliver to their address.
Here are some great reasons to use Instacart to send flowers:
- Local stores. Instacart is all about local shops and local shoppers. Get the best local selections close to the home you are sending.
- Options. Instacart gives your loads of local options. Choose fresh flowers from local grocers for the best, affordable selection.
- Fast same-day delivery. Schedule your delivery for the same day without sky high fees, which are commonly found with flower delivery companies.
- Reasonable prices. Buying flowers at grocery stores is a great way to give flowers for less. Even with Instacart fees, you will be able to give flowers to your loved ones for a much more reasonable price than floral delivery companies charge.
The post How Instacart Flower Delivery Can Help You Save Big on Blooms appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.