Ad in partnership with Walmart — Save money. Live better.
I don’t know about you, but Halloween is one of my absolute favorite holidays. Whether you’re a home decor enthusiast, someone who likes to throw a good party or just someone who likes to play dress-up once a year, it’s a super fun holiday for small and big kids (like us adults!) alike.
When it comes to decorating your home and yard for Halloween, well, that can look like hanging up a couple of strategically placed cobwebs to hanging up hundreds — or even thousands — of dollars worth of animated figures, gravestones and other pricey props.
If you don’t want to fall prey to paying hauntingly high prices this fall, read on to learn about our favorite Halloween decor trends and how you can get those looks for less at Walmart.
Trending Haunted House Themes for 2022
Before you set foot in Walmart (or sit down to shop online), you should have an idea of what type of spooky set-up you’re going for. Some popular themes for this year include:
- Hocus Pocus: The famous Disney movie finally finally got its sequel and we’re all leaning in! From spellbooks, to bubbling cauldrons and crows, witchy props are more popular than ever.
- Gore Decor: From bloody footprints, to screams of fright, slasher-flick inspired wares are just what’s right.
- Abandoned House (or Is It?): From the guests you can see to those you can’t (Boo!), create an undead oasis with hanging ghosts, goblin animatronics, strung-up cobwebs and boarded up windows.
So how do you put together a display that’ll spook your friends and neighbors but not freak out your wallet? Walmart.
How to Shop Walmart Halloween Decor for Less
- Keep an eye on sales! Did you know Walmart has weekly flash sales for up to 65% off? Be sure to check this page each and every time you shop! The Walmart app also has a weekly ads section highlighting local sales and in-store specials for nearby Walmarts, so be sure to download that to your smartphone.
- Like I mentioned, going to the store armed with a list is a smart strategy — but I didn’t mention that you can even easily create a shopping list right in the Walmart app!
- Buy more, save more. Have an idea for a display involving a bunch of plastic pumpkins? Walmart offers many items in bulk for bigger savings.
- Save on shipping! Walmart.com offers free two-day shipping on orders of $35 or more, so take advantage of it! You can also order online and pick up in store, for free!
- Sign up for Walmart +: The subscription service offers a FREE 30-day trial and memberships are just $12.95 a month to let you take advantage of free delivery, free shipping and exclusive sales and more.
Don’t forget to check Walmart’s clearance section! You might find exactly what you’re looking for at an even bigger discount!
9 Must-Have Halloween Decor Items for 2022
Now that you’ve got a plan, it’s time to get to work. I’ve outlined my top ten fun and affordable decor picks and ranked them as either a trick or a treat — time to go shopping!
P.S. Don’t forget to stock up on candy for the big day, too! Walmart has the best prices and biggest selection of sweets, so you’ll be all set when that first costumed character rings your doorbell.
Trick: Gemmy Animated Giant Posable Pumpkin Ghoul
Oh, this guy is BIG — 12-feet tall, to be exact! This light-up pumpkin-head lawn decoration is pose-able, easy to set up and wallet-friendly at under $300.
Treat: Way to Celebrate Halloween Ceramic Skull Wax Warmer
I’m snagging several of these ceramic skull wax warmers to place in entryways, on hallway tables and anywhere else I can think of for a fragrant fright!
Trick: Black Bat Lighted Wreath
Give guests a wicked welcome with this lighted bat-adorned wreath. It’s also great for hanging above the fireplace or for creating the illusion of a haunted hallway.
Treat: Way To Celebrate Halloween Decorative Pillow Set
Perfectly balanced Halloween decor is both spooky and sweet. Such is the case with these festive throw pillows — and you get the whole set of 4 for under $30!
Trick: Way to Celebrate Halloween Fog Machine
Want Hollywood-worthy special effects on a non-blockbuster budget? Look no further than this spooky smoke machine for just $32! This fog machine produces a safe, thick fog that is perfect for giving your party an extra elusive look. Plus, it’s portable, so the party can continue whenever and wherever you want it to, indoors or out!
Treat: Way To Celebrate, Hocus Pocus Throw Blanket
Snuggle up to watch your favorite Hocus Pocus flick with this cozy fleece blanket, named after the beloved film. The super soft blanket features potions and brews in colorful bottles — but the blanket also comes in four other fall designs if witches aren’t your thing. Bonus: It’s machine washable in case you spill your cider.
Trick: Way To Celebrate Halloween Black Resin Decorative Candle Holders
No table or mantle is complete without creepy tapered candle holders. This set of 3 is made with black resin to look like pewter and securely holds standard tapers. I love that it adds drama and flair for under $25.
Treat: Mr. Halloween Candy Corn Trees
Everyone’s favorite retro Christmas decoration got a Halloween makeover, and we’re totally here for it! For under $50, you get a set of 4 of these nostalgic light-up trees in fun, candy corn colors.
Trick: Way To Celebrate 10ft Giant Pose-able Skeleton
Give your trick-or-treaters a fright with this internet-loved giant lawn skeleton. The lifelike statue stands at 10-feet tall to tower over your guests and can be posed how you like. Similar skeletons go for hundreds more at other retailers, so don’t miss out on this scary good deal.
The post How to Have the Spookiest House on the Block — Without Paying Scary Prices appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.