It’s a nostalgic moment! Scrunchies are an ‘80s and ‘90s fashion statement that has returned to the forefront of fashion the last decade and we love it. Whether you were around for the original go-round or are new to the trend, there’s just so much to love about this whimsical throwback of a hair accessory. Whether you wore them the first time around or are new to the fad, a scrunchie is the perfect finishing touch to your look.
Why opt for a scrunchie versus your go-to hair tie? Well, scrunchies are superior to standard-issue hair ties for many, many reasons. First of all, they are better for your hair. You can also coordinate your scrunchie to your hair color or your outfit — or even clash with your outfit in a fun way. They can bring a bit of edge to your look. They’re also the very best way to keep your hair out of your face without creating creases or dents in your hairstyle overnight or while you’re working out.
In short? Scrunchies are key to life, especially if you have shoulder-length hair or longer. And if your hair is shorter, you can use them to create a half-up look. Scrunchies work for all textures from straight to curly to kinky to wavy. The modern way to don your scrunchie? On your wrist, in your hair, half up, half down, color coordinated, not color coordinated. There are so many routes to take when it comes to scrunchies.
From luxe to must, here are some of our favorite hair holders you’ll want to stock up on immediately. Read on for our scrunchie edit, from our picks for nighttime use to air-drying must-haves to the ones you’ll want to work out with.
The Best Silk and Satin Scrunchies
Slip Silk Scrunchie Set in Manhattan Nights
- Why We Love It: These slim scrunchies won’t overwhelm an outfit but hold hair securely without damaging it. This adorable set comes with a range of neutral hues for every occasion, making it a must-have. They are made with real silk and will last you a long time if you hand wash them every couple of weeks to keep them looking their best.
- The Cost: $45 for four at Amazon.com
Discover Night Silk Scrunchies Limited Edition Set
- Why We Love It: Designed specifically for sleeping, this silk set of scrunchies is luxe and comfortable. Best of all, it keeps your hairstyle going as long as possible without creating dents in your look. Featuring fun and giftable packaging, the set includes a total of six scrunchies in a variety of colors: black, gunmetal, champagne, blush, sky, leopard.
- The Cost: $50 for six at DiscoverNight.com
Kristin Ess Oversize Scrunchie
- Why We Love It: Kristin Ess’ line for Target is so well priced and features on-trend shades. This big blush scrunchie has the energy of a bow — without being a bow, you know? It’s ideal for a more feminine take on a scrunchie and goes with a multitude of looks. The satin elevates this one for more formal occasions, as well. Best of all? You can’t beat the price.
- The Cost: $10 at Target.com
The Best Scrunchies for Air Drying
- Why We Love It: Air dry in style. Kitsch revolutionized the let-it-be bun when they invented the towel scrunchie. Each set comes with two absorbent, terry cloth scrunchies in a range of patterns. We love the tie-dye ones the most, but the solid white and black options are great for everyday outfit coordination.
- The Cost: $18 for two at MyKitsch.com
Lele Sadoughi Terry Cloth Scrunchie
- Why We Love It: Speaking of terry cloth, Lele Sadoughi’s iteration is chic and brings a beach vibe to the entire operation. Opt for bold stripes while you soak up the sun in this absorbent hair tie.
- The Cost: $23 at Revolve.com
The Best Scrunchies for Working Out
Athleta Mini Scrunchies 6 Pac
- Why We Love It: Keep your hair in place whether you’re in the studio, at home or on the go. This set of super soft scrunchies offer gentle hold for your hair and come in goes-with-anything black. They’re also smaller, so they work well on your wrist after your hot yoga class, spin class or whatever your workout of choice is.
- The Cost: $16 at Athleta.gap.com
Nike Women’s Mesh Scrunchie
- Why We Love It: This mesh scrunchie by Nike gives a hair staple a modern edge. The mesh fabric is great for working out, keeping you cool while keeping your hair out of your face, no matter how sweaty your exercise session.
- The Cost: $10.97 at Nike.com
The post How to Rock a Scrunchie this Spring appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.