Priceline is an online travel agency where you can book flights, hotels, rental cars and cruises and find excellent deals on all of the above. The company — which was launched in 1997 to help people travel affordably — boasts that they save travelers a billion+ dollars a year.
Whether you’re an occasional traveler or an all-the-time jet-setter, if you’re interested in taking advantage of the company’s “ridiculously easy reward program,” Priceline VIP Rewards, you’re in the right place.
Journey along with RetailMeNot to investigate what Priceline VIP is, how it works and how it’ll help you save on your next trip, whether you’re booking a last-minute trip or already planning out next year’s adventure.
What Is Priceline.com?
Priceline is a budget travel site, referred to in the industry as an online travel agency (OTA) that saves its users money on flights, hotels, rental cars and cruises. It is owned by Booking Holdings, which also owns Booking.com, Kayak, OpenTable and more. In other words, this business is here to support you in all of your leaving-the-house pursuits.
Through Priceline, you can book any part of your journey, or use the brand’s Bundle & Save option to save more by booking all your travel in one place — and in one easy shot — by finding the best bundled deals on flights, available hotel rooms and rental cars that work together, saving you and your travel companions time and money.
What Is Priceline VIP?
Priceline VIP Rewards is Priceline’s free loyalty program. Anyone can join, even on your very first booking with Priceline, and start taking advantage of the benefits. The more you use Priceline each year, the higher up you go in the Priceline VIP membership’s four tiers, and the more benefits and savings you receive.
To start, every Priceline VIP member has access to some of the best prices around as soon as they join. In fact, loyalty program members who find a lower price somewhere else within 24 hours of booking will be refunded the difference.
What Are the Four Tiers of Priceline VIP Membership?
Priceline VIP membership has four tiers, depending on how many trips you’ve completed with Priceline:
1. VIP Member — membership status immediately at sign up, even before you take your first trip. Benefits include:
- Guaranteed best price or Priceline refunds the difference.
- Up to 10% savings on some hotels.
- Up to 10% savings on some car rentals.
- Add a hotel reservation to an existing trip and save up to 50%.
- Add a rental car booking to an existing trip and save up to 20%.
- 5% Express Deal coupon awarded after every trip.
2. VIP Blue — membership status after two annual completed trips.
- All the benefits of VIP Member status except.
- Up to 50% savings on over 15,000 hotels.
- Up to 15% savings on some car rentals.
3. VIP Gold — membership status after five annual completed trips or automatically granted if you’re a Priceline Rewards Visa card holder.
- All the same benefits of VIP Member status except.
- Up to 50% savings on over 30,000 hotels.
- Up to 20% savings on some car rentals.
- 8% Express Deal coupon awarded after every trip.
4. VIP Platinum — membership status after 25 annual completed trips.
- All the benefits of VIP Member status except.
- Up to 50% savings on over 45,000 hotels.
- 10% Express Deal coupon awarded after every trip.
- Access to priority premium customer service.
How Do You Become a Priceline VIP Rewards Member?
If you are already a Priceline member, you already have VIP status. Just sign in to your Priceline account to access your membership.
If you are not already a Priceline member, here is how to sign up for their loyalty program:
- Go to: https://www.priceline.com/vip.
- Scroll halfway down the page and click on the “Become a member for free” button.
- When the window to sign in pops up, scroll to the bottom where it says, “Don’t have an account? Create Account” and click on that link.
- You will then be prompted to create an account for free using your email address, or signing in with Google, Facebook or Apple.
How Does Priceline VIP Rewards Work?
Once you’ve become a Priceline VIP Member, start planning your next trip. Priceline always strives to offer the best deals around, but you’ll find special VIP Membership savings by looking for the Priceline VIP badge in your search results, like in this photo:
Does Your Priceline VIP Membership Expire?
No, once a member, always a member. However, in order to qualify for the next three tiers after the entry-level Priceline VIP Member level, you’ll need to book enough qualifying trips every year to maintain your status, or hold on to your Priceline Visa card to keep automatic VIP Gold status.
What Is Priceline VIP Family?
This is a brand-new, free benefit to Priceline VIP Members who are Blue, Gold and Platinum level. Up to three users can create a VIP Family group. That means you can bundle your bookings — each of your individual trips/activities counts toward the group’s total overall number, meaning you’ll hit the next tier sooner, and start saving more sooner, too. In other words, if I’m in a VIP Family with two other people and I take one trip and they each take two, we each get VIP Gold status, even if we’re not traveling together.
Do You Need a Priceline Rewards Visa to Become a Priceline VIP Member?
No, anyone can join Priceline VIP, which is a free loyalty program open to anyone. If you do have a Priceline Visa, though, your VIP account is granted automatic Gold status membership, so you’ll benefit from the savings from your credit card and being a part of the loyalty program.
Is Priceline VIP Worth It?
It’s free. It’s easy to sign up. You start saving immediately. There is no confusion or funny business with membership. There are zero downsides to it, whether you’re a frequent flyer or an occasional jaunter.
How Else Can You Save at Priceline?
- Check out the latest Priceline deals and coupons at RetailMeNot.
- Sign up for the Priceline email and receive a coupon for 10% savings.
- Download the Priceline app for iPhone or Android. Not only is it a handy place to keep all your Priceline trip information, but you will get exclusive deals offered only in the app.
- Shop during the holidays. Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales abound at Priceline, so before then, make sure you’re signed up for VIP Membership, download the app, sign up for the newsletter and be prepared to save even more across the board.
The post Priceline Rewards: Literally Everything You Need to Know appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.