Let’s be honest. Air travel can be convenient, but it’s far from glamorous. Most of us are crammed into seats that probably aren’t cleaned as often as we’d like (even though we try not to think about that). The recirculated air on the plane can take even the softest skin and transform it into something that would make even a lizard cringe. And sitting on a plane for hours can make your hair go flat or turn into a ball of tangles.
You might think that you just have to deal with the beauty issues that come with plane travel (at least until they invent teleportation). However, there are some beauty products that can help you fight back while still meeting the TSA security rule for liquids, gels and aerosols (3.4 ounces or under for carry-on items).
If you want to learn how you can look amazing on a plane, check out our list of airline-approved beauty products that will make it a breeze to look beautiful on your next trip.
Best Bets for Soft Skin on a Plane
If you want to avoid dry skin and having to check a bag before hopping on a plane, you’ll want to pick up these airline-approved beauty products.
CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 from Ulta
- Why We Love It: Everyone from dermatologists to TikTokers love CeraVe. At 1.7 ounces, this option will make you (and TSA security) happy. We love that this oil-free moisturizer hydrates the skin and leaves a nice matte finish, while nourishing the skin with protective ceramides and moisturizing hyaluronic acid. It also provides broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen, so you’ll be safe from UVA and UVB rays both on and off the plane.
- Things to Consider: If you have very oily skin, you might not like this moisturizer as much.
- The Cost: $18.99 at Ulta.com.
- Deal Alert: To save at Ulta, you can use a coupon for $3.50 off a $15 purchase and get free shipping on orders of $35 or more.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (Travel Size) from Target
- Why We Love It: If you want to look like Jennifer Aniston whether you’re in the air or on the ground, this daily moisturizer from Aveeno can help. You can pop this 2.5-ounce bottle of lotion into your carry-on and receive no complaints from TSA security. We love that this award-winning lotion is packed with oatmeal and rich emollients that help lock in your skin’s moisture for a full 24 hours, even if you have dry skin.
- Things to Consider: This is a heavier lotion, so it is not recommended as a facial moisturizer.
- The Cost: $3.29 at Target.com.
- Deal Alert: To get free shipping from Target, add some more airline-approved beauty products to your order to reach $35+.
Outstanding Options to Tame Tresses While Flying
Flat hair and fly-aways are common problems when flying, but you don’t have to just live with them, thanks to these products that’ll make you and TSA security jump for joy.
Batiste Travel Size Dry Shampoo from Ulta
- Why We Love It: It turns out that dry shampoo, not diamonds, is a girl’s best friend. We love Batiste dry shampoo because it removes excess oil, dirt and grease to make your hair feel fresh and clean while providing body and texture. Not only that, but it also comes in tons of great scents. Say goodbye to the days of having flat hair from air travel.
- Things to Consider: This dry shampoo is a great option for most people, with the exception of those who have very dry or very fine hair.
- The Cost: $5.29 at Ulta.com.
- Deal Alert: You can find a coupon for $3.50 off a $15 purchase and free shipping on orders of $35 or more.
Invisibobble Original Crystal Clear Hair Elastic 3-Pack from Target
- Why We Love It: These fun hair elastics are great if you want to keep your hair out of your face during your flight without having to deal with tangles and creases in your hair later. The design might look like a telephone cord from back in the day, but these hair ties mean business. They hold hair tight without causing damage or discomfort, making them perfect for a long flight.
- Things to Consider: If you have very thick hair, you might want to consider buying the extra hold option for thick hair.
- The Cost: $4.99 at Target.com.
- Deal Alert: You can get free shipping from Target if you add $35+ worth of items to your cart before checking out.
Popular Products for Germ Fighting
Feeling your best is part of looking your best, so it’s important to sanitize your hands and the space around you for both your health and your looks. These products will help you do it and get past TSA security at the same time.
Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash from Amazon
- Why We Love It: This is the ultimate multitasker on our list of airline-approved beauty products. It’s a non-drying hand sanitizer that purifies and moisturizes hands at the same time. The 1.7-ounce size is the perfect flight companion to keep germs at bay. We love that this product is free of parabens and color additives, while also being cruelty-free and gluten-free. On top of that, it has a nice citrus scent.
- Things to Consider: $10 is a bit pricey for a bottle of hand sanitizer, but it’s worth it because it cleans and hydrates.
- The Cost: $23 at Amazon.
- Deal Alert: You can enjoy a free gift with a $25 beauty of fragrance purchase.
EO Sanitizing Wipes from Amazon
- Why We Love It: From your seatbelt to your tray table, there are a lot of places germs can lurk on a plane. Thankfully, handy little sanitizing wipes can wash them away, giving you peace of mind. These EO wipes are great because they’re biodegradable and made with plant-derived alcohol and pure essential lavender oil. You also get a lot for your money, as you get six resealable packs with 10 wipes each.
- Things to Consider: It might seem like a fair amount of money to spend on wet wipes, but you get 60 wipes for this price.
- The Cost: $22.49 at Amazon.com.
The post These Products Will Help you Sail Through Airport Security appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.